A) If you would like to continue to chat in the Open Thread over the weekend, please feel free! But bear in mind that I won’t be around during Shabbat (sundown Friday to just after sundown on Saturday) — if you happen to get stuck in moderation, I will fish you out as soon as I can.
B) If you’re new or newish around these parts, I encourage to take a look around the place. Some stuff you may have missed in recent days:
- The Occupy Wall Street movement, and my decidedly indecisive feelings about it.
- A baby. Talking to R2D2.
- Zachary Quinto (aka Spock) came out! And his example encouraged an ABC news anchor to do the same! Yay!
- Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit was finally brought home, which is a very good thing — but there are oceans of horror that surround that one very good thing. (Not least, some 2000 Palestinians killed during the years that Israel was insisting it would never do the kind of deal that it just did).
- For instance, I’m pretty sure the two-state solution is dead. Like, really dead.
- I’m a progressive and a social activist, and if someone hadn’t pointed out what was wrong with the N-word on this sign, I wouldn’t have noticed.
- This woman has a voice to rival Adele’s, and I now harbor a dream of getting them to do a duet.
- Your middle years – quick! What’s oleo?
Have a lovely weekend, and shabbat shalom to one and all!